My intention with this blog is to share my truths and to be open and honest with my thoughts and feelings...
I truly welcome your comments and feedback. I would ask you to be mindful of the fact that I am simply speaking from my heart and I would ask that people who choose to comment and join any discussions do the same.
My intent by sharing my story and reflections is to support others on their unique journey and to offer what I have learnt along the way.
I am more than happy to be challenged on anything that I might post but I would ask that you do it from a place of love as I will do with each of my blog posts....

All that leaves me to say, is that I am very much looking forward to connecting with you over the coming weeks and months.....

In love......

Friday 25 April 2014

Running to stand still...

I have said it before but there is something that I love about running in the rain.. it lights me up from the inside, and it happens almost instantaneously, the moment the first rain drop is felt and the first time my foot strikes the ground...
It causes me to smile, a truly genuine smile from the inside out.
Have you ever noticed that when you smile like this your whole body smiles and when it smiles it relaxes and you feel that moment of contentment...

The run and the idea of contentment came out of a dialogue with a very lovely man first thing this morning... is contentment something we strive towards as an end goal or something that needs to be noticed and honoured when it happens... for it can be fleeting when life is feeling a little tricky and it seems to me that we need to be quick to catch those moments and to honour them...

How do we recognise those moments when they arrive?!

Running for me is a form of meditation and I felt it very strongly this morning. I can sit and ask my mind to work with me and largely I 'fail' at this type of meditation... this morning something quite profound happened.

Whilst musing over my conversation of earlier and feeling the rain on my skin and being aware of my feet on the ground... and letting my thoughts roam freely... but being ever so aware of them and myself.... I reached a point about 30minutes into the run where it felt as though I was transported somewhere else... the atmosphere and energy changed. Everything felt peaceful, the colours of the landscape became more vibrant, and I was deeply aware of myself in time and space... and I realised that I had literally been, 'running to stand still'. Whilst I was literally still in motion, I found a stillness and it was beautiful. and profound.

And in that moment - I felt complete and utter contentment...

I hadn't necessarily been looking for it this morning and yet it found me when I followed my instincts to go for a run...

Instinctual contentment.... this feels more nourishing and nurturing than striving for it or looking for it......

Where might contentment find you if you allow it to come.....?!

With love and blessings
Nikola xx




No comments:

Post a Comment