My intention with this blog is to share my truths and to be open and honest with my thoughts and feelings...
I truly welcome your comments and feedback. I would ask you to be mindful of the fact that I am simply speaking from my heart and I would ask that people who choose to comment and join any discussions do the same.
My intent by sharing my story and reflections is to support others on their unique journey and to offer what I have learnt along the way.
I am more than happy to be challenged on anything that I might post but I would ask that you do it from a place of love as I will do with each of my blog posts....

All that leaves me to say, is that I am very much looking forward to connecting with you over the coming weeks and months.....

In love......

Friday 4 February 2011

What's in a Name....?

According to Wikipedia.... "Major Depressive Disorder, clinical depression, major depression is a mental disorder characterised by an all-encompassing low mood accompanied by low self-esteem, and by loss of interest or pleasure in normally enjoyable activities. Major depressive disorder is a disabling condition which adversely affects a person's family, work or school life, sleeping and eating habits and general health. Up to 60% of people who commit suicide had depression or another mood disorder. The diagnosis of major depressive disorder is based upon the patient's self-reported experiences.... there is no laboratory test for major depression."

This statement in itself, "patient's self-reported experiences" is absolutely key to beginning to understand how and why depression comes about. Once we start to understand that all of our experiences in this lifetime are within our control, we can begin to understand that letting go of and ridding ourselves of depression, for good, is completely within our grasp. At the risk of being challenging, you have a choice. To live with it or to live without it. What do you choose? We can change our thought processes that create the patterns of depression.... more importantly we can change the way our physiology works to promote our own healing. 

Its interesting that the Government is now willing to spend £400million on offering support for depression and anxiety... they are simply fuelling the belief that depression and anxiety are now a part of modern-day living and we simply have to accept this but do the best we can to manage it. 
Don't let yourself be drawn into believing that you are simply one of the masses. Don't attach a label to yourself... "I am depressed"..... "I am a manic depressive".... the more you keep affirming this, the more your body and your mind will believe it. Most of us, in some guise or another, have come across the "Law of Attraction"..... the idea that thoughts become things.... This being true, don't you see how affirming that you have depression will keep you locked in these thoughts and you will continue to behave accordingly.

Please understand that I am not for one minute suggesting that it is as simple as just changing our thoughts but this is a part of the process and important to understand....

Over the coming weeks and months, I will be sharing with you my story and my lifelong battle to rid myself of "depression". Come with me on my journey and I promise you will be given the insights, support and love you need to turn your life around. You simply have to want to feel differently.

With love and blessings,
Nikola xx

No comments:

Post a Comment